At the start of this year I set myself a little project, a photo a day for the whole year on instagram. However I wanted to do it a little differently, I wanted to make sure that I remembered the little things in life that I should be grateful for. Sometimes when you are tired or having a stressful day, you forget how lucky you are.
So I have done the first month of my 'I am thankful for...' project on instagram and I have found it really nice, it is lovely to pick out even the smallest parts of your day and realise the little moments. I am really enjoying reflecting and feeling thankful for the little things in my life.
1. #iamthankfulfor...my husband.
2. #iamthankful...Time to relax and put my feet up (and do some freelance work) while Mads is at her Auntie Paula's for the morning.
3. #iamthankfulfor... Days out with my three favourite ladies- my mummy, sister and Mads.
4. #iamthankfulfor... The chance to be this little lady's mummy. I will never ever take it for granted.
5. #iamthankfulfor... Relaxing days with my little family not doing very much. We popped to Waitrose and then my hubby treated me to a lovely pressie for my camera- now we are at home relaxing while Mads has a nap.
6. #iamthankfulfor... Comfort food, sometimes you just need it. And the fact my husband cooks most nights.
7. #iamthankfulfor... the snuggly 45 minutes we get before my husband comes from work. She wakes up from her nap, and we cuddle on the sofa watching television and talking about what is on. She is all sleepy still and so affectionate and I love these times together.
8. #iamthankfulfor.. The fact that we have lots of friends and toddler groups in our area so me and my girl can go out and have fun together. I relish these moments just the two of us.
9. #iamthankfulfor... The snuggly bedtime routine I have going on with these two. It's my favourite time of the day. Lots of fun, giggles, cuddles and kisses. Plus then we get to relax! ;)
10. #iamthankfulfor...The fact we go to my grandparents once every couple of weeks for dinner. I absolutely adore them and so does Mads. We are so lucky to have them in our lives and they treat us all the time.
11. #iamthankfulfor...Nights away in nice hotels with my little family. Just off swimming now. :)
12. #iamthankfulfor...Snuggly evenings on the sofa with my lovely husband. Just about to watch silver linings with Bradley cooper which is supposed to be amazing.
13. #iamthankfulfor...The little things my husband does for me, and he does a lot. Like running me a surprise bath and putting candles in there.
14. #iamthankfulfor...Simple pleasures. Watching the magic in someone's eyes as she experiences snow properly for the first time.
15. #iamthankfulfor... Snuggly lunch dates by the fire with my gorgeous hubby. It's lovely to have some child free time to enjoy each others company.
16. #iamthankfulfor...My Christmas pressie from work has arrived and I'm so excited to have an iPad of my own as mr e has our one. Thankful to work for a company who really treat their staff all the time.
17. #iamthankfulfor...My husband answering my twitter plea and getting me cookie dough ice cream. He's a Goodun.
18. #iamthankfulfor...The fact that this little lady will be happily watching tv or playing with her toys but will often come up to me for a cuddle and a play with my ears. She is so affectionate. When she wants to be. ;)
19. #iamthankfulfor...Snowy days with my little family. Although we could only stay out half an hour as it was so cold.
20. #iamthankfulfor...Sunday mornings popping over to see my Dad. Nana and Grandpa are currently playing 'sleeping bunnies' with Mads.
21. #iamthankfulfor...Getting into my cosy, comfy bed at the end of a long day. There's nothing like your own bed.
22. #iamthankfulfor...Being snuggled up at home in the warm when it's so cold out. We have been baking, playing and now having a 'tea break.'
23. #iamthankfulfor...Days to myself as my little Mads is at a family friends today. Had my hair done and relaxed, had my fringe put back in.
24. #iamthankfulfor...The fact that my mum, stepdad and sister live nearby so we can go sledging in their garden!
25. #iamthankfulfor ... Dinner out with lovely friends, chatting and putting the world to rights.
26. #iamthankfulfor... Relaxing Saturday nights watching trashy tv and eating copius amounts of biscuits.
27. #iamthankfulfor...Lazy Sundays having lunch with great friends.
28. #iamthankfulfor ... Morning swimming sessions then out for lunch with my Mummy and Mads.
29. #iamthankfulfor ... Wonderful friends who love my daughter as if she was their own, who look after her every week without charging us a penny and who take her on girly shopping trips and spend a fortune on her in Baby Gap. We are very lucky to have some incredible people in our life.
30. #iamthankfulfor ... A chance to sit and relax for an hour. In a Starbucks. Reading my book. ON MY OWN. ;)
31. #iamthankfulfor ... little moments with her Great Grandma.
So thats it, things I was thankful for in January. It is nice to remember the little things and realise how much you have got to be grateful for.
After all, we have so much.